Inspiration. Something, someplace, even someone that drives you to want to act, create, strive and influence. Inspiration is important for everyone and is often the driving force behind an athlete’s motivation to keep playing, keep trying, keep working to be the best at their game.
How inspired are you? What motivates you to be the best pool player? Maybe it’s a quote, other successful players or just the drive to succeed! If you are looking for new motivations, we hope our Delta-13 list of possible pool inspirations helps you to find your inspiration during your pool journey.
Things That Inspire Your Play
So many things to inspire us, some that we may have around us all the time yet never noticed or simply took for granted.
2. Money... cha-ching!
3. Someone telling you “You Can’t” do something. You want to prove them wrong!
4. Famous, successful and professional billiards players such as Minnesota Fats, Ralf Greenleaf, Willie Mosconi, and many, many more!
5. Doing the impossible, overcoming the odds and/or watching others do so!
6. Motivational quotes you live by. Here are a few of our favorites:
“When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
“Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
“You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
7. Personal Affirmations. You want to be someone. You want others to see you as a role model.
8. Motivated by the love of the game. Or your love for Delta-13. Either, or haha.
9. Let’s not forget these last two... A new Delta-13 pool rack!
10. Reading Delta-13’s weekly blog posts.
Best Places To Go and Be Inspired to Play
Go visit a new pool hall or other place to get inspired to come back and practice!
1. A local pool hall or billiards room
2. Through Art
3. The outdoors
4. Listening to music
5. Having personal quiet time
6. At the gym
7. At bedtime
8. In a coffee shop
9. At a bookstore
10. By traveling
Inspiration can come from anywhere. GET INSPIRED. What is your motivation? What Inspires you? Where do you get inspiration? Share with us on Twitter @thedelta13!